It’s crazy to believe, but we’re almost a week into a brand new year. A HUGE “Thank You” to everyone who has shared their UC story over the past year, and also a super huge thanks to everyone who has left comments on a fellow writer’s story.
For everybody who is brand new to the IHAVEUC website, thank’s for joining us! And of course to all the dedicated followers of the site from around the world, it’s always great to have each and everyone of you here as well. As everyone knows, the website is all about sharing ulcerative colitis experiences, and it’s been going strong for a couple of years now…wow, seems like just a few weeks actually.
Real quickly, I’ve been feeling pretty darn good lately. You’ll hopefully be able to get a feeling for that in the video I prepared a few days ago from a recent vacation. BUT, I know there are many people who are not feeling well, and that’s what keeps me motivated for maintaining the website. In order for me to feel better, and to gain control of my UC, I needed help from other UC’ers, and I suspect that’s true for others here too. So let’s make the most of it.
Some Quick Facts:
- Tara won the 2011 writing contest and the $250 prize! YAY Tara. to read her story, Click here
- Michelle G raised a ton of money for the Crohns and Colitis Foundation in 2011, her stories are here
- There’s over 100 doctors from 9 different countries now on the Gastro Doc Review page: Click here to read them
- The Colon Surgery Survey is going to be complete real soon, I think everyone will find it really interesting
- More and more emails I’m receiving are from parents and friends who are concerned about someone else’s UC (great to see “outsiders” involvement)
- AND, more people are including PICTURES with stories(WAY COOL!) (Pictures are GRRREAT!)
- Maybe not a hard fact yet, but if you have the chance to meetup in person with another UC’er, it will make you feel better!
- Peter from NZ continues to leave some pretty hilarious comments, at least my wife and I think so:)
So here’s the video below. If you want to watch more of my videos, you can at the YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/ihaveuc
Good luck everyone in 2012, I look forward to sharing more stories and more experiences with all of you in the weeks and months to come.
feel free to email me: email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions about anything related to the website or if you have a solution to the Somali Pirate Pirating!
I started site and the eNewsletter(you can join that below) shortly after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in October of 2008 with severe pancolitis (when my whole colon was inflamed).
For me, it was a very rough start with severe symptoms. Getting bounced from medication to medication was not easy or too helpful. But, I did meet another UC’er, changes several parts of my diet, and of course the rest is history.
Leave a comment, ask a question, take advantage of our past experiences here, use the search boxes, they are your friends to0:)
Remember while using the site that:
UC symptoms and flare ups don’t last forever and no two people are the same.
You cool with that? good!
now get on our newsletter so we don’t forget about you.