Food Items Needed:
1/2 cup Grated Coconut
3 cups filtered water
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1lb large shrimp no shell, deveined (I used frozen)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 cups grated honey
1 cup almond meal/flour
This is a LOoOOng Day of cooking.. just so you’re warned. :)
I made everything from scratch. If you can find some of it pre-made, all the better.
1. Knock a couple of holes to drain the coconut water and bake it in the oven for 20 mins at 350 degrees.
2. Wash clemintines and start juicing in a mixing bowl. Of the 13 I picked about 4 of the softer juicier ones to chop the rind and added to the bowl. I also added some of the slices if they looked good.
By this time, my coconut was done and ready to be shredded.
3. Add 1/2 coconut, 3 cups of water, and ginger.
4. Bring to boil, then simmer for about an hour or until most of the liquid is gone and it’s nice and mushy.
5. Once it was done, I blended it in the blender and put in a glass jar in the fridge for later use.
1. Beat eggs in a separate bowl
2. In another bowl, mix coconut, garlic, and almond flour.
3. Dip shrimps in egg batter then dip in coconut mixture.
While you are doing this, start to heat up a pan with a healthy amount of coconut oil. We’re not deep frying them, just a light saute.
4. Cook until pink on both sides.
I reheated the sauce in a pan and added some dried red chilly to it. This is totally optional.
Specific Carbohydrate Diet – Coconut Shrimp with Clemintine Dipping Sauce was Submitted by: