Prednisone has been used with colitis patients for a very long time. This is actually a very good thing. Since so many people have used it, probably hundreds of millions of people around the world, much is known about the drugs side effects. But, everyone is a unique person, and sometimes with combinations of other medications and all the other variables, figuring out prednisone on any particular person is difficult.
There are all types of people who use prednisone, quite a few people use it to relieve or help out when there is inflammation. That is what many colitis people do when they are inflamed. The doctor prescribes this drug to help with that.
The Physical Side Effects I had:
- mood swings
- insomnia, many times waking up at 2 or 3am and staying up until 7am, and feeling wide awake at 4am, it is weird
- sometimes getting all kinds of fake energy after popping the pills
- all kinds of small acne looking dots on different parts of the body
- the moon face, or puffy face is something I did not have, many others complain of this
Mental Side Effects from Prednisone:
- became scared of being on them for too many days, so much buzz about not “being on the too long”
- wondered if my face would get puffy from the steroids
- worried that my bones would become more fragile from prednisone
- worried that once I stopped taking them, the symptoms would come right back
- simply worried about taking something that was so powerful…
Drugs are important, and it important to listen to your doctor’s when they are prescribing things for treatments. It’s also important to make sure you keep your medications seperate in their containers if you are taking several. I remember times where the prednisone looked very similar to some antibiotics and I almost took the wrong ones… Try not to do that for sure.
Good Luck with you prednisone, if you have any ideas about this, or some interesting side effects to report, feel free to comment on them. Thanks, Adam