UC Momma’s Ulcerative Colitis Experience:
I’m a 32 year old mom diagnosed with UC in July of this year and started the SCD in late August. I feel much better than when first diagnosed, taking 1 to 4 loose stools a day with some irritation/ inflammation. I’m trying to understand if this is as good as it gets or can remission mean taking one firm stool a day? If so, I’m looking for ideas on how to get there.
1. Is it okay to take all my pills together at night? Would it be more effective to take some in the morning?
2. I have a bottle of Nature Made Liquid Softgel Fish Oil, 1200 MG. This pill contains soy so I hesitated on taking. Any thoughts on if this is okay or should I go with a different Fish Oil pill?
Nature Made Liquid Softgel Fish Oil, 1200 MG
3. Have any seen success on cutting back on fruit, honey or nuts? I love all these things, I hate to think about cutting them out too.
I take daily:
– 4.8 mg of Lialda
– Trader Joes (No Iron) MultiVitamin
– One to two cups of homemade yogurt a day for probiotics: Homemade Yogurt
– Unisom to aid in sleeping
Any and all thoughts are much appreciated, please leave a comment below if you have any ideas!
Submitted by UC Momma in the Colitis Venting Area