What up UC’ers?
How the heck you doing?
So we are in the beginning of September, 2013 and are you crapping me…the summer for us Northern-Hemi folks is starting to come to a close?
So check this, I want to give a tad of an update on me and my UC, come on, this site is so much about the thousands of others who share how they’re doing daily, I need to fess up and give the low down on my butt hole too right…
Well, it’s a pretty kick butt story if you asked me (or my wife). I don’t know what the deal is, but I have for sure hit a new level of remission that I want to stay in forever. My butt has been working perfectly for quite some time now, and I just noticed that August was a for sure record.
Here are some personal records that I broke last month:
- Least number of poops (it was either 29 or 30 for the whole month of August, I think I’m counting one that was a false alarm since I hadn’t gone the whole day and thought I’d give it a try, you know what I mean right)
- Least number of toilet paper rolls used (I don’t have an actual figure for you, but I had a whole bunch of those times where you wipe your doodie-man and the paper is still perfectly clean…(again, I hope you know what I’m talking about)
- Least amount of time in the crappper/head/WC/Twalette or whatever you call your spot
- Least amount of times saying: “Baby, I’ll be out in a minute” (come on married folks with 1 bathroom…you know damn well what I’m talking about)
- Not taking a single crap in public pooper (OK, I’m not counting the campground bathroom in Mt. Tremblant, Quebec, wasn’t going to hold it 4 days)
- Never getting pissed off having to wait for someone else at a public(or private) toilet (I’ve gotten into it with my wife before about this)
- Had a couple of those mystery snakes that slither out and somehow sneak down the toilet so you never even see them before you flush….weird but true right…
- I even had one (or maybe two) of those “HOLY SHIT BABY, AMAZING!!!!” you won’t believe what I just dropped in there moments after dropping monster logs
- As you saw in the video, I actually pulled my ID out at the grocery store and bought a small bottle of alcohol (Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey…)
- AND, I’ve even started eating quite a few things that I’ve stayed away from for several years with the diet I follow. Things like Corn Tortilla Chips and Potato. (Side note, I was up in Montreal, Canada for several weeks in July/August…Great Place…Even BETTER PEOPLE, and tasty food everywhere)
What’s the Big Deal?
The big deal is this. (And I get this question from people and parents all the friggin time. Especially right after someone gets diagnosed as you can for sure imagine)
YES, YES, YES
You, your son, your boyfriend, your daughter, your wife, your husband, your summer lover, your kid, your ex-boyfriend that you want to get back together with, and anybody else CAN LIVE A NORMAL LIFE, even if you have the good old “ulcerative colitis” or UC as the cool folks call it.
It’s that simple.
The mental game, the post diagnosis crazy dance(you bet I was getting my boogie on back in 2008-09), the potential side effects from medications, and the occasional flare ups or tuff times that WE ALL DEAL WITH will come and go. Butt hopefully, as each person goes farther down the EXPERIENCE PATH of living with UC, the personal learnings will payoff big-time and lead you to a great treatment program that works for you.
You don’t have to do what I do. You don’t have to do what your doctor tells you to do. You don’t even have to do what your parents or kids or great granny tells you to do. But I sure as hell hope, that you keep your head up when the tuff times creep in.
And, if YOU are in the middle of tuffie times RIGHT NOW,
with the bathroom being your most frequented room,
one more thing ESPECIALLY FOR YOU:
The colon is an amazing part of our bodies. It doesn’t forget how to work properly. Even though it may seem like its forgotten sometimes, the colon is a genius. It knows and will remember how to get a log going once again.
I wish you all the VERY BEST,
(for anybody wondering, I’ve tried for years now to get my wife to do a more detailed Q&A video, but she is for sure not having it. I even get in trouble when I try to shoot her into videos, so I’ll probably be getting it for the little bit she’s in the one above…She always reminds me “there’s enough in the ebooks you wrote about us”…)
I started site shortly after being diagnosed in October of 2008 with severe pancolitis (when my whole colon was inflamed).
For me, it was a very rough start with severe symptoms. Getting bounced from medication to medication was not easy or too helpful. But, I did meet another UC’er, changes several parts of my diet, and of course the rest is history.
Leave a comment, ask a question, take advantage of our past experiences here, use the search boxes, they are your friends to0:)
And, the Free eNewsletter, which has important updates can be joined here.