What are possible signs and symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis you might ask?
Well, here is a list of some of the common colitis syptoms that many UC’ers run into on a regular basis when the colon is actively inflamed. Now remember, you don’t have to be experiencing all of the symptoms to be in the middle of active colitis, but often people living with the disease will notice several things going on at once. The good news is that flare ups don’t last forever, and a sense of normal bowel movements and normal living will come once again.
- Much more bowel movements per day compared to other people you know(2-3 times per day, not a big deal, 5-10 times per day consistently is a big deal)
- Consistently loose stools
- Loss of weight
- Low energy levels
- Waking up during the night to more bowel movements
- Bloody stools
- Using the restroom right after having a meal
- Running to the restroom and sitting down on the toilet JUST IN TIME
- Not wanting to be out in public for fear of not being near a restroom
- Being in your bathroom for 4-5 hours per day (man it was horrible)
- Cramps in your abdomen
- Night sweats
- Severe Headaches
- Dark urine
- Depression (often living with ulcerative colitis symptoms for a long amount of time can make anyone depressed)
- Fear of going out in public and having to use public restrooms
- Joint Pains
If you are reading this website and have any other ideas about symptoms to put down here, please fill out the form on this page and submit them on over. Who know’s you might really help someone out you don’t even know!