iHaveUC.com's FREE email list, Join over 15,000 other subscribers

Jaclyn’s Ulcerative Colitis Solution – Blood Type Based Diet

Jaclyn’s Ulcerative Colitis Solution Introduction:

blood type based diet

Jaclyn’s selfie!

I am an actress and a singer. This disease has put my life on hold for TOO many years. I just want to make my dreams come true and this disease has been putting a LONG hold on it. Finally I am auditioning again and feeling good and I am ready to walk through whatever door I need to follow my heart. This disease will no longer consume me. I strongly believe solution eating right for my blood type is my solution.

UC Symptoms:

The ONLY symptoms left from the flare is the urgency in the car. THAT we all know if so very hard. It wasn’t there was the prednisone was high but now that I have finished it, it’s the minor symptom left. But I can hold it in and that is the MAIN thing. I have control.

Jaclyn’s Story:

I will keep the longest story of my life as short as I can right about now. I am 28 years old. Ulcerative Colitis symptoms started at age 10 and was diagnosed at 21. Since then have had a total of approximately 3 great years of remission. I am coming out of a year and a half flare that was the worst flare I’ve head in 18 years of the disease.

In the year and a half I have been on 6 doses of prednisone and as we all know, that is alotttt. As soon as the taper would get down to 5 tablets a day from 8, I’d start to feel everything coming back. This time, finally I haven’t felt the symptoms come back! I tried something NEW and I strongly believe this is my long anticipated solution!

I started eating for my BLOOD TYPE, which is “O”. I have been very strictly following the diet for now for 2 and a half months. It includes zero grains (except ezekiel), zero dairy, zero alcohol and much more. I have eliminated all foods causing inflammation in my body. Now, I’ve realized, colitis is so hard to treat and every case is different because we ALL have different blood types. Some foods and drinks that are beneficial to some blood types are POISON for others. I had to eliminate foods that I had NO idea were hurting me. For example: black olives are an “Avoid” (specifically damaging the digestive track) and I ‘always’ had them in my fridge everyday to snack on! Another example is anything coconut! I was consuming coconut and putting the oil on my body everyday which we know anything that goes on our skin goes right into our blood stream. Another HUGE change I did was introduce meat into my body again. I never ate a lot of meat and had my r easons but after reading Dr. Peter J. D’Amo’s “Live Right 4 Your Type, I discovered that meat is Highly Beneficial for me and my body digests it differently than the 3 other blood types. (side note, I only buy organic/non GMO meat from the butcher). Since introducing meat in my diet, my energy has took a total turn! I am finally waking up feeling refreshed after 7 hours of sleeping whereas before I could sleep 12 hours and want to go back to sleep.

I strongly suggest that you ALL give this a try. BE STRICT with it for at least a month and see if you feel any changes. I will eat this way the rest of my life if it means I will feel human again. If you have any questions for me please comment below. This only scratched the surface of my journey of course.

Lots of love to everyone,

Jaclyn

Medications:

I am currently on a multi vitamin x2/day, calcium x2/day, vitamin D

I am also on Salofalk 4 pills x2/day and the salofalk suppositories.

side note. I have tried MANY of these maintenance drugs in the past and they never worked for me. These must be working BUT I have a feeling its the way I am eating that is keeping me at bay :)

written by Jaclyn

blood type

27 Responses to Jaclyn’s Ulcerative Colitis Solution – Blood Type Based Diet

1. hanna August 4, 2017 at 6:40 am #

Do you eat any kinds of spices in your basic diet … Ask this because spices are a kind of poison for my condition and I made sure of the result when I refrain from eating them forever … knowing that my blood category is o-

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:26 am #

I have eliminated the spices that are an AVOID in the BIBLE of Peter J’Damo. For example black pepper

2. Adam
    Adam August 4, 2017 at 6:51 am #

Jaclyn,

Thank you so much for sharing what is working for you and for providing an update on how you got to where you are.

Please please keep us posted, so we can follow you through your success.

3. Sasha Frost August 4, 2017 at 6:57 am #

I’m glad you have found something that works for you! Does anyone know what the connection is between blood type (cell markers) and diet? How do differences in cell markers change the way your organs, enzymes and flora digest food?

4. Bev August 4, 2017 at 7:30 am #

Wow!

I am blood type O…since I have eliminated alcohol and milk, I have been in remission….for a LONG time now.

I attribute my remission to the probiotic that I take.

I was not aware of this blood type thing. Very interesting! Thank you for sharing :)

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:27 am #

ALCOHOL is another HUGE thing I had to eliminate! No more BEER and no more LIQUOR for me. I drink red wine and ciders. THATS ALL..

5. Teddy August 4, 2017 at 9:08 am #

Hi! It’s really quite a long time for me to have a chat here. After reading Jaclyn story~ I am a O blood too. I am glad Jaclyn is under remission with her self adjustment on food intake.
    Alright! Let me share of my condition here.
    I am still depending on medication. Going well with my dosage . I eat everything. I mean all kinds of food & alcohol moderately. Frankly speaking I have doubts . What if I have stopped totally on medication? I know I am so selfish to myself. But one thing i have my little discipline here. That is eating & drinking moderately. Do daily exercising . And enjoying my daily life.
    I wish you all well . And do share.

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:31 am #

I believe….that the medication is covering your symptoms but if you took it away, still eating the way that you want to eat, the inflammatory levels in your blood are probably extremely high still and you would go into a flare up. So that is up to you. Curious how you are blood type O too. If you don’t want meds then I say try it!!

6. Marlee August 4, 2017 at 11:27 am #

I’m always happy to hear of any improvements in anyone’s battle with UC! There must be some aspects of the changes you’ve made that are helping you. It’s important to note, however, that scientifically speaking, the blood type diet theory has been thoroughly debunked. There’s plenty to read about it if one does a google search. Here’s a short video that summarizes some of the work that’s been done to evaluate it’s claims. https://nutritionfacts.org/video/blood-type-diet-debunked/ There are some other interesting research-based videos at this site if you do a search for “Crohn’s” or “Ulcerative Colitis,” etc. Best wishes to all who read this!

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:34 am #

I know it has been debunked BUT when something works for you it works. I even got my genetic testing done. Its my own personal saliva test. I have my very own booklet now about my personal DNA and the foods that are good and bad for me and it was surprisingly enough EXACTING what the blood type diet was telling me were my avoids and beneficials.

7. Jolie
    Jolie August 4, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

The blood type diet is the only thing I have had success with and I’ve tried different ‘health’ avenues over the last 22 years, including fodmap and paleo, I’m A and have gotten myself into remission purely on blood type diet (no meds of any kind taken)

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:34 am #

YESSSSS thats what I like to hear!!! Its incredible! Thank you for sharing that!

8. Suzanne August 4, 2017 at 8:38 pm #

Thanks for letting us know what is working for you. I am always interested in hearing success stories, new ideas to try. No probiotics? Continue to keep us posted on how you are doing. Btw I am not far from you, nice to hear from other Ontarians!

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:36 am #

I am now 6 and a half months in and still behaving myself :)

I sometimes eat brown rice and ezekiel or Mana break. I am a little scared of it, though it doesnt bother me too much.

Other than that still following the DIET. There are so many options these days I am so grateful for! So many grain free pastas and fours!

I am not on a probiotic.

9. Elaine J
    Elaine August 5, 2017 at 3:56 am #

Are you ‘O positive’, Jaclyn? I am, so I’m wondering if this diet may suit me…

• Jaclyn D
      Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:38 am #

Yes I sure am. O positive or O negate doesnt make a difference. Please give it a try and be strict!!! and give it time! The levels of inflammation in your blood need time to go down. We are pretty much paleo girls!

10. Mike August 5, 2017 at 5:23 pm #

Hi,

read your story with interest and would like to comment on similar experience.

I have had UC for 40 years.

I have played with my diet many times with little effect till 2 things happened.

I My doctor finally discovered that I was allergic to Sulphur which I kinda thought but could not confirm. What triggered my thinking was that I could eat anything, except preserved meats and red meat from the supermarket etc, white meat was never a problem.
    I came across a study of the abuse of preservatives on meats for both colour and preservation, being Sulphur Dioxide and Sodium Nitrate, both being not good, especially since one sulphur based.

My eldest daughter also suffers UC and consumes wine which uses Sulphur bases preservative, ands she has been confirmed as allergic to Sulphur

I too use a Probiotic daily plus Turmeric, the turmeric came about as I have met people from Mauritius who cook of curries, use turmeric, consumed with rices etc, and lots of red meat, particularly the cheaper cuts. Besides being very tasty, I notice that there was no reaction to the meat. Indian food also does not affect me.

I do not know what the answers are but the changes and combinations work, ie very limited red meat, no preserved spicy meats, NO Sulphur additives (still get caught out though), turmeric supplement daily, probiotic. I have also noticed that if I am physically active, and I don’t mean exercise but simply moving and ‘moving’ my body, the bowel is also exercised.

Sugar is a big NO NO.

Yes, Diet is a big thing and I agree with you, based on my experience. I will have my blood type confirmed also.

I hope this is of interest to your readers, 40 years builds a lot of experience.

PS, I also had my gall bladder removed 5 years ago, this could be a combination of bad diet and effects of the Salazopyrin, (side effect?).

Mike – Glass House Mountains – Australia

11. LucyJane August 6, 2017 at 6:00 am #

I have UC and am also a health professional. The blood type diet does great things for many people with regards to health, and I’m glad to hear of someone who is managing their UC with dietary changes. I would like to mention that I had a tough time with this article, as it was full of typos and grammatical errors. You might consider editing submitting stories for clarity, or just correctness. It was like reading a story written by my 8 year old son who is dyslexic. Quite strange.

• Lisa August 6, 2017 at 4:23 pm #

you are quite strange for being a pretentious witch pointing out insignificant grammatical errors is a PROFOUNDLY beautiful success story. Go away. Far far away.

• LucyJane August 7, 2017 at 4:31 pm #

Wow. That was a bit harsh, and it was directed at whomever publishes the site. Are you seriously that crazy? Good luck to you out there.

• Adam
          Adam August 8, 2017 at 10:50 pm #

Hi LucyJane,

Thank you for your comments.

There have been and will continue to be quite a few typos and grammatical errors on the published stories from the past 9 years and moving forward, please forgive us.

Best,

• Bev August 9, 2017 at 6:00 am #

Lol…BAM!

• Jaclyn D
            Jaclyn Dipietro August 11, 2017 at 9:42 am #

Is there a way to edit my errors?

• Adam
            Adam August 13, 2017 at 11:12 am #

Hi J, you know what, as far as editing errors from the actual posted story, there is no real easy way to do that because it would take quite a bit of time if U allowed everyone to go back and edit their simple errors… there’s a couple thousand stories on the site so don’t worry about any of the mistakes and there’s literally mistakes in every single story that’s ever been published on the site and I have errors in probably every single one of my posts but I think people are able to understand them so don’t worry about it one bit and thank you again for writing have a good day! Adam

12. Mukesh August 7, 2017 at 5:45 am #

Good to know. Happy for you Jaclyn. My blood type is A positive. I’ll talk to Dr. about it.

Best wishes and love.

13. Elaine J
    Elaine August 9, 2017 at 3:09 am #

That’s interesting about the sulphur, had not considered that. But I’ve noticed that drinking wine – or any alcohol as far as I can tell) does seem to upset my tum, so I tend to avoid as much as I can. For a long time I believed bread was a ‘no-no’ for me, but if appears that I do seem to need the ‘bulk’ bread provided, so now am not so sure.

As for comments about typos, grammar, etc., that must be difficult to monitor, Adam, since comments are posted directly by members (and appear unmoderated). It only bothers me if I can’t understand what information is being imparted! Generally speaking, the human brain tends to ‘read between the lines’ as it were, so most of the time it’s not a problem for me. Obviously I can’t speak for others, but please let’s not get bogged down with minor criticisms on a website/forum which is SO helpful for its members…. :-)

14. Elaine J