32 year old female with conflicting advice from surgeons/ specialists which has left me frustrated. Never had serious complications except bleeding bright red with bowel movements and when I push I sometimes bleed only. The mucous has gone since my meds. I love life and stay as positive as I can. I have had symptoms since I was a teenager of bleeding and I remember being constipated as a youth quite often. I also have never needed to go for a bowel movement more than once every two days.
Some more about me:
Very much into health and fitness, working out every day at the local gym.
I am outgoing and friendly, very happy and stay positive.
bleeding with each Bowel Movement. (only need to go once every two days, don’t have urgency)
Sore mid back – not sure if this is linked or from gym work?
Very tired of a morning.
Appreciate Your Feedback
I’m a 32yr old female and have had symptoms of bleeding since I was 18, getting worse in my 20′s. At 25yrs mucus and blood with every bowel Movement (BM) and had my first colonoscopy at 27, I was assured it wasn’t a bad case and it was only in the last 20cm of my bowel. I met my fiancée at 28, told him, eventually showed him blood and mucus after my BM so I had another colonoscopy and was prescribed salofalk 3000mg and azathioprine 150mg. this worked. In January of this year we moved interstate, we were under much stress with work and Dave’s ex-wife, also having young children involved. I was bleeding intermittently as a result had another colonoscopy. I was told it was in remission. I have been a bit slack on my meds lately, missing a few here or there, forgot scrips when I went away for 2 weeks at end of July. I have been bleeding, no mucus each time I have BM which is no more than once every two days. This week I went for a follow up apt since march, there was a different doctor reading notes from the last doctor saying that it was serious and that I needed to go on prednisone. My partner and I refused and are seeking another specialist for advice.
- How bad was your UC before going on the course of prednisone? I think that this should be a last resort and have been told so many conflicting answers by doctors/gastros.
- I am going to a new specialist to get another opinion and have another colonoscopy in the next few months as I don’t think I am getting the right advise. Is it safe to have colonoscopies twice in one year?
- What does everyone think causes this disease? I am healthy and fit apart from bleeding with my bowel movements…. which leaves me tired.
- Does anyone have aches in their back due to this disease? If so, please explain?
- What has helped others, anything will be appreciated?
- I have never been admitted to hospital, at what stage do you need medical assistance?
- Does anyone just have blood when they wipe after a bowel movement?
- What causes flares for others and how do you describe a flare?
Medications & Supplements
written by Jacqueline S